Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Off the island...
















Well I did it....I left the island. It was kind of a sudden decision but I think it was time. I have saved up a fair bit of money that should last me at least a month. And I'm itching to travel again. I realized that now I only have 3 and a half months left to see this whole country and yet I still feel like I haven't seen anything yet.

Five of us left the island together, which didn't go over too well with management for obvious reasons, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity that was offered to me. I had two friends from the island that where on there way down south from Cairns. They each bought car and are planning to drive south to Melbourne, the exact plans I had. I could easily jump in and only split gas until I reach the location I want to hope off. This was definitely the cheapest and most adventurous opportunity for me. So I'm no longer there...and the last 3 days as an islander was ruined by heavy rain...so getting to explore the island one last time wasn't in the plans. I didn't quite get to finish all the walks that were on the island but did the main ones and loved every minute of it. Sure, I will definitely miss that place...the easy living and the life that was classed as "Paradise" but traveling again and getting back on task of exploring Australia is now back to the for-front of my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment