Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The ten of us "Gypsie Travelers", as we call ourselves, took the next 4 days after leaving Hervey Bay to travel down south and explore some mountain ranges and lookout points. We saw some really beautiful mountains, but the weather was awful for us the whole time.

Sleeping at night was the worst really. I spent the whole week after leaving the island sleeping either on the floor of a tent or in the back seat of the truck. Either way, when your tired, you'll sleep anywhere. But definitely was in a slightly cranky mood with the whole poor sleeping bit. Either way, we all made sure that we didn't miss a beat.

After a week of camping and traveling, we eventually made our way down to Brisbane where it was time to for all of us to split up. Some wanted to stay in Brisbane, some wanted to keep truckin' it down to Melbourne, and Gerby and I were headed to the Gold Coast. I found myself back where I started my whole Australian adventure...Nobby Beach!

It's funny how the closer we got, the more excited I was to return here. Honestly didn't think I'd be back, not this soon anyway. Things are still the same as when I left here, my bakery is still pumping out savory scrolls and the waves are still filled with surfers.

Had my first actual Krispy Kreme Doughnuts fight. Not just a cute one or two doughnuts being thrown around either, I'm talking we had 8 boxes of doughnuts and a whole beach, lit up with moon, to crush these puppies at each other. Even brought out a mallet for a throw-and-toss fashion of detonating doughnuts. For the record, chocolate covered custard DOES NOT taste good when you're wearing it.

That was quickly topped two days later by a custard battle. This one was however, not planned. For some reason we had an extremely large amount of custard in the fridge, and one thing let to another...next thing you know, the house walls are covered in chocolate custard and were on the beach again smashing handfuls of custard across the sand. Again...custard ON YOU, isn't as good as eating it outright.




Waterfall sliding

doughnut bashing

artsy fartsy picture i took at Pt. Danger


Custard fight

2 comments:

  1. Now that I picked out who Charmaine is you need to post a picture without the custard :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh! What's with no updates with the blog??? I'm bored can't ya write about something to entertain me?! : ) Last blog was Feb. 9th, that's a long dry spell my friend. Surely you're still having fun, aren't you???
    Hope all is well~
    Miss Julie

    ReplyDelete