Thursday, December 24, 2009

Well the good news is in...I'm back to a paid job! That's right, after all my precious hard work at Koala Adventure Island, they have extended to me a full time position, which is awesome news. The pay is pretty good and I still get food and accommodation in the trade off for working. Not only am I working in the cafe' and providing guests with delicious food and unmatched service, but the owner has learned that I've just graduated with my Marketing and Advertising degree and wants me to help him with that as well. I never thought I be using my degree down here in Australia. This should be a great learning opportunity for me and a pretty big resume' booster.

It's Thursday, and Christmas is tomorrow. I keep forgetting until I hear a carol or the nagging reminder about the secret Santa gift I was suppose to buy. Being in the tropics of an island really sucks the life out of Christmas if you ask me...but Australia as a whole experiences Christmas in the middle of their summer. Just doesn't feel right. So this Christmas will be celebrated in a non traditional style of frosty coconut rum concoctions, an outdoor joyful buffet of food, 9 holes of festive golf, and 16 jolly co-worker backpackers all calling each other family for one day.

We have been informed that we're having a big dinner planned as well as the bar will be open for drinks in the evening. On the down side..I have to work the cafe' for breakfast and lunch Christmas day...though that is quite heartless, it won't go uncelebrated in my own special way.


To everyone; I wish you a very Merry Christmas! Be safe and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment